What is the best time for me to book a newborn session?
- The best time to book a newborn baby photo session is during your pregnancy. Your session will be reserved based on your tentative due date. When the baby arrives, we will set a firm date that following week.
When is the best time to perform the newborn session?
- The best time to photograph a newborn baby is when the baby is 5 to 10 days old
Where will the session be held?
- We come to you! The session will be held in the comfort of your home. My assistant and I will bring a large array of props and supplies and will take care of everything. The session is very relaxed and comfortable for both baby and parents.
What can I expect during the session?
- Newborn sessions last around 3 hours and are tailored around the needs of the baby. This allows for cuddling and feeding. The baby will be posed in several poses on blankets as well as in a couple of props. I have a large variety of props that all compliment my natural, organic style of newborn photography.
- Safety is especially important to me. I make sure the baby is safe and comfortable the entire session. I bring an assistant with me as I do not expect parents to assist with the session and want to be sure to keep the baby safe and supported throughout the session. My assistant and I have extensive and ongoing training with specifically with newborns to be sure they are handled and posed safely. My desire is that you rest and enjoy your baby during this time.
How much does a newborn shoot cost?
- Pricing information can be found here.
What is included in the price of a newborn shoot?
- A newborn shoot includes the entirety of the shoot in your home, as well as the full gallery of fully edited, downloadable, high resolution images. (typically 30-40 images for a full newborn session, or 15-20 images for a mini newborn session) There are not any hidden charges.
What are the most important aspects of choosing a newborn photographer?
- Choosing a newborn photographer is a decision that should not be taken lightly. Click this article to read detailed information that every new parent should consider.
What sets Sharla apart as a newborn photographer?
- I come to you! I want momma and baby as comfortable and relaxed as possible.
- My style. All of my props and accessories are organic and timeless. I want the baby to be the focus.
- All-inclusive sessions. You will receive a large gallery of beautiful images with no additional fees.
- Safety. I can not stress enough the importance of training and use of an assistant when working with newborns.
- “Baby Whisperer” I love working with babies. My love for babies and children started as a young girl and led me to a degree in Early Childhood Development. My calm demeanor tends to keep baby calm and soothed throughout the session.